02 Nov Welcome Skylah - Winter Immersion 2015
Laboratory Institute of Merchandising
We are very excited to welcome Rockland County, NY native Skylah on our Winter Immersion 2015 program! With a goal to reach the masses one day, Skylah would love to work her way up the PR world and really carve out her name in the industry. We know she is well on her way to with her studies in Marketing at LIM. Here is some other interesting facts about Skylah. We are so excited for her to join the Winter 2015 program in Madrid!
"When I think of PINC I get excited by the idea that I will be in a different country developing new networking and bilingual skills. I travel a lot and Spain has been one of the countries on my list to visit. The fact that PINC is giving me this wonderful opportunity to not only visit Spain, but to help me strengthen skills that could later be of use to me in my future career, is amazing." - Skylah Guntley
What clubs are you currently affiliated with in college?
- I am apart of my school’s magazine “The Lexington Line”. It is where many students with the love for fashion publication come together to make a wonderful magazine for the students at our school. We host a launch party every year to show students what to look forward to with the magazine. For example, this year’s launch party revealed that we have a new website up and running, so students can access certain publications from their mobile devices. Although this is not an organization or sorority, the club has introduced me to many opportunities. One of these opportunities happened to be a semester internship with “The Daily Front Row”. This is a magazine owned by Essence Magazine and featured only at big time fashion show events such as NYFW. Me and 9 other students got to create and publish our own Magazine and it was featured in NYFW 2014 at the Mercedes Benz shows .
Where do you see yourself 10 years from now ?
- Most students do not know how to answer this question, but I know exactly what I want to do and what my goals are. Ten years from now I would have moved up in a big PR company, still working on making my clientele big enough to move on from the company. I would be in progress of building relationships with them and giving them the best I got . My name would then take me places. I look forward to doing freelance PR once I do get big. I believe speaking it into existence works !
What about Madrid seems the most exciting ?
- It is all very exciting to me, but while I am there I will be studying the architecture and comparing it to the places I have been to. That has become a real big thing for me when I go to other countries because there is always a story behind the way something was built. Other than that, the overall experience is exciting and I am ready to live and breathe Spain.
What is one of your proudest accomplishments to date ?
- One of my proudest accomplishments as of now was landing a stylist volunteering position with the company Caravan Stylist Studio for the Serena William NYFW show, launching her new clothing line . That was a big achievement , even though I have worked NYFW in the past, I have never worked for someone as big as Serena Williams.
What characteristic do you most admire in others ?
- I like people that are passionate about their dreams. Those are the people I love to hold a conversation with because when they talk to you they show so much passion for what they love, it only inspires you more to do what you love. You find yourself so engaged in what they are saying and I love seeing it in their eyes that they love something and they are determined to make that dream come true.
If you could sit and have coffee with one celebrity dead or alive who would it be?
- I love Cara Delevigne and I have met her in person, which only made me love her more because she is such a great person. I would love to sit and have coffee with her because I have a lot of questions for her about her recent endeavors . Cara has stopped modeling and is now an actress, and because of this people have given her a hard time. With all the negativity and all the weight she has on her back to be a perfect actress, since she has given up modeling, Cara has kept a smile on her face and has kept working toward her dreams. A lot of people tell me the industry I am studying to be in is not practical . Cara’s story resembles mine, except I do not always know how to smile through these things and I would love to have a chat with her about how she does it, while letting her know how much I admire her existence.
Would you like a course booklet that goes more into detail about the PINC programs? Please fill out the information below and we will be in touch within the next 24 hours.
[contact-form firstname.lastname@example.org/' subject='Request for a PINC Program Booklet'][contact-field label='Name' type='name' required='1'/][contact-field label='Email' type='email' required='1'/][contact-field label='How did you hear about PINC?' type='text' required='1'/][contact-field label='I%26#039;m interested in the...' type='select' options='PINC 8-Week Summer Internship Program,PINC 3-Week Summer Immersion Program,PINC 14-Day Winter Program,Other (Specify in Comments)'/][contact-field label='Comment/Questions' type='textarea' required='1'/][/contact-form]