19 Oct Welcome Kristina - Winter Immersion 2015
SUNY New Paltz Class of 2017
Digital Media Productions Major
Kristina, a Bronx native, took her passion for dance and now through film has been about to allow a new passion to emerge. When she was 17, she made a short documentary film about her experience as a member of the dance team. Kristina debuted her film to a crowd of ninety people, and seeing their faces as they laughed and smiled brought a great feeling of fulfillment. At that moment she knew she was interested in using her creativity and intellect to communicate with people, to build community, and to affect change. Now majoring in Digital Media Production at SUNY New Paltz, Kristina aspires to become a production professional working with television networks or radio stations editing and creating new exciting things to share with the world. "I want to be in an environment where myself and my work is essential to the people around me."
Here is some other interesting facts about Kristina. We are so excited for her to join the Winter 2015 program in Madrid!
1. Currently on campus I am involved in the Afro Latina Leaders of The Future club Impacto Sensual Dance Team and Alerta Verde Spanish News Station as an Editor.
2. In ten years I see myself working in the pre production field for a major television network like ABC, NBC or FOX or as a radio personal with my own show.
3. What seems most exciting about Madrid to me is the fascinating culture and the Spanish contemporary architecture.
4. My proudest accomplishment to date is being the first grandchild in my family to receive a college degree.
5. Loyalty is a characteristic that I admire most in others.
6. If I could sit and have coffee with any celebrity it would have to be Angie Martinez because she is an iconic female working in the entertainment industry, which is a male dominated field.
Would you like a course booklet that goes more into detail about the PINC programs? Please fill out the information below and we will be in touch within the next 24 hours.
[contact-form firstname.lastname@example.org/' subject='Request for a PINC Program Booklet'][contact-field label='Name' type='name' required='1'/][contact-field label='Email' type='email' required='1'/][contact-field label='How did you hear about PINC?' type='text' required='1'/][contact-field label='I%26#039;m interested in the...' type='select' options='PINC 8-Week Summer Internship Program,PINC 3-Week Summer Immersion Program,PINC 14-Day Winter Program,Other (Specify in Comments)'/][contact-field label='Comment/Questions' type='textarea' required='1'/][/contact-form]