04 Feb Meet Sydney - PINC Intern 2015
We are so excited that Sydney, originally from Beverly Hills, CA., will be joining us this summer on our 8-week summer internship program! She is currently in her sophomore year at Columbia University , with a double major in Political Science and Spanish. She is a star athlete studying at an Ivy League university - not too shabby! On top if that, she is a travel junkie, who not only has a great gasp on Spanish, she also loves ITALIANO. She hopes to be fluent and/ or conversational in 4 languages: English, Spanish, Italian, and Portuguese - and we think she is well on her way! She will be interning at an international financial firm in the Public Relation department. We compiled some facts about Sydney for you to get to know her and see her adventurous personality.
What are you most excited about when you think of PINC? I am most excited about honing in on my language skills, gain some valuable work experience, travel a lot, and meet some Spanish hotties.
1. Which groups/sorority/organization are you currently affiliated with? I am currently a student- athlete. I run division 1 cross country and track.
2. Where do you see yourself 10 years from now? In 10 years I see myself having a successful career in either New York City or abroad. Hopefully I will know 5 languages by then.
3. When are you the happiest? I am the happiest after an intense workout and eating. I am a big foodie and being able to eat however much at one time is incredible. I would challenge anybody to an eating contest. I am also most happy traveling or at the beach!!!
4. What are looking forward to do most in Madrid? I am most looking forward to really integrating myself with the culture and the everyday lifestyle. I definitely want to be very social and have local friends. Hopefully I can infiltrate Real Madrid.
5. What is one of your proudest accomplishments to date? I am most proud of winning my California state championship race in cross country then being a 3 time All- American in the mile, 2 mile, and 5k on the track all in the same year.
6. What characteristic do you most admire in others? I most admire an open mind in other people. I am from Los Angeles, where people are judgement free, and when moving to the east coast and traveling around the New England area, I realized that there are still a lot of very conservative people.
7. If you could sit and have coffee with one celebrity dead or alive who would it be? If I could sit and have coffee with any celebrity dead or alive, it would be Cristiano Ronaldo. I have had coffee with an Olympian before and the athlete vibes were real and it was a good time. Cristiano is really good looking and he would probably have good connections for me to go into sports broadcasting and also meet other good looking soccer players.
Would you like a course booklet that goes more into detail about the PINC programs? Please fill out the information below and we will be in touch within the next 24 hours.
[contact-form email@example.com/' subject='Request for a PINC Program Booklet'][contact-field label='Name' type='name' required='1'/][contact-field label='Email' type='email' required='1'/][contact-field label='How did you hear about PINC?' type='text' required='1'/][contact-field label='I%26#039;m interested in the...' type='select' options='PINC 8-Week Summer Internship Program,PINC 3-Week Summer Immersion Program,PINC 14-Day Winter Program,Other (Specify in Comments)'/][contact-field label='Comment/Questions' type='textarea' required='1'/][/contact-form]