05 Feb Meet Gisel – PINC Intern 2015
We are so excited to welcome Gisel Paola Olivares to the PINC 8-week Summer Internship Program! She is a recent graduate of Florida International University with a degree in Bachelor of Science in Journalism and Mass Communication with a Track in PR and an Area of Concentration in Business. This New York Native is going to be a fun and ambitious addition to the group! She is a fellow Delta Phi Epsilon sorority sister, the same sorority as PINC founder, Lisette. We compiled some facts about Gisel for you to get to know her and see her adventurous personality.
What are you most excited about when you think of PINC? I'm most excited about improving my Spanish, getting to intern for a company in my career field of choice, traveling to different cities, and definitely the food and wine!
1. Which groups/sorority/organization are you affiliated with? I've been a member of Delta Phi Epsilon International Sorority since fall of 2012.
2. Where do you see yourself 10 years from now? 10 years from now, if I'm not an Editor-in-Chief I hope to be very close to attaining that position! I definitely see myself working for something that I'm truly passionate about and love. As long as I'm writing, creating, and helping others, that's where I want to be.
3. When are you the happiest? I am the happiest when I'm spending time with my family and friends. I'm very close to them and there's nothing like having people you care about to share your biggest dreams and even your lowest points with. Other than that, traveling is definitely one of my favorite things to do. The feeling when an airplane takes off and then lands somewhere new is amazing.
4. What are looking forward to do most in Madrid? I'm looking forward to seeing Madrid through a local's eyes. I want to immerse myself completely in the way Madrileños my age live.
5. What is one of your proudest accomplishments to date? One of my proudest accomplishments was being my grandparents' first grandchild to graduate from college. It was an amazing feeling to still have them around and see me accomplishing that dream.
6. What characteristic do you most admire in others? I admire peoples' independence and ability to take risks since those are two things that I struggle with daily. Even though I have independent-like qualities of my own and can fend for myself, I find myself being scared of trying new things, being apart from loved ones, and just taking a risk to see what else is out there. But, I challenge myself to overcome these obstacles and so this trip will definitely be my next greatest accomplishment.
7. If you could sit and have coffee with one celebrity dead or alive who would it be? Celia Cruz was always one of my favorite female artists. I admired her so much as a child for her personality, her talent, and her influence. Even though she passed away several years ago, she is still someone who I'd love to sit and have coffee with.
Would you like a course booklet that goes more into detail about the PINC programs? Please fill out the information below and we will be in touch within the next 24 hours.
[contact-form email@example.com/' subject='Request for a PINC Program Booklet'][contact-field label='Name' type='name' required='1'/][contact-field label='Email' type='email' required='1'/][contact-field label='How did you hear about PINC?' type='text' required='1'/][contact-field label='I%26#039;m interested in the...' type='select' options='PINC 8-Week Summer Internship Program,PINC 3-Week Summer Immersion Program,PINC 14-Day Winter Program,Other (Specify in Comments)'/][contact-field label='Comment/Questions' type='textarea' required='1'/][/contact-form]